Saturday, October 25, 2008

Re: Hard-Sell

As mentioned in my previous post, I am quite happy with my current gym membership, although it's a result of hard sell too, which I am growing to hate the practice. Since my gym membership contract almost comes to an end, I am always offered with new contract which is longer and cheaper. Although I am interested, I always decline to it, as I am not sure I can commit to such period and it's a one time off payment. But, I think I will just sign one day to the contract.

When I read one post in one discussion forum offering cali membership, I just asked how much he would charge for the same contract offered to me before. The reply asks me to PM him for more detail, so I PM him with the detail, and his reply was to ask me to give him my phone number(wtf). I declined to do so, and I asked him if he can provide cheaper rate. Since I was quite busy, I only checked my PM 2-3 days later, I saw two replies in inbox that span between 1 day. One to answer me that the rate is about the same + useless bonus, and the other reply:

"Urgent Request: For those that i've shared with you the rates and promotions, pls reply either by PM or SMS if ur interested or NOT. As if u don't i will take it as ur only wasting my time and in future of any awesome promo package, i will not inform or shared it with you. If ur not interested i will really appreciate if u cld TELL ME SO... so that i'll know that it's not within your budget and.. i will inform u of any new promo package in the coming future.. I'm really hope that u'll understand wher i'm coming from as i've saved u the trouble to come to the club and enquire. least u cld do is to let me know if ur keen or not.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Have a good day to all
."

I found that reply was kind of rude ("wasting my time, etc"). Come on, you're the sales people, and you already lose your patient by no reply to your message in 1 day??. Since I believe that he only took about 3-4 minutes to reply my message and he already lost his patience by wasting his 3-4 minutes, I don't know how he handled real people in the gym that just want to use free visit which can waste the sales people time for hours for hard sale.

I am very happy that this weekend will be a long one, but I don't have anything on plan. So, I planned to chiong all the way in gym by attending multiple classed this Saturday (step, zumba, step again, and pump), but the night before, I found a bit pain in my back, not sure if it's result of the thursday's jacelyn pump. So, I think it's better not to do so many classes, and in the end, I only did Daniel's step and Colin's combat in orchard. There's long time in between, we go shopping with gym buddies, and eat so much sinful food. So, in spite of we plan to pump out all the calories, we pump in more. Haha..

No comments: