Sunday, October 5, 2008

Run For Hope

I happen to have the chance to go for Singapore Run For Hope, a charity event for cancer research, this morning. The marathon was started at 730AM, so I had to wake up very early to be there on time, which is very difficult thing for me to do. I am a late-sleeper, so I also wake up very late in the weekend. This is also my first time joining this kind of event, and being first time, it's better to start with 4 KM, rather than 10 KM. Taking cab from Bedok, the traffic to east cost was quite bad, so I decided to alight outside of east coast. The event was started with warming up, by a fat ang-moh with big tummy, which is quite un-motivating. Mr Teo Ser Luck flag off the race. After passing 3KM, I felt like running out of breath and my leg feel a bit burning. But I managed to arrive at finish line around 30mins, not a very good time, as a lot of other people had been standing there enjoying apple or banana that was provided by the organizer. The cooling down was instructed by the fat ang moh again. There were also quite a number of hot uncles there doing cool down, with half-naked body :). Overall, it's quite fun and look forward to another event like this.

No comments: