Monday, March 2, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I have watched this movie about two weeks ago, but I really enjoy watching this movie and want to put this on my blog. Apart from all the award and praise for this movie, it does not mean that this movie is difficult to enjoy, like some boring artistic movie. It tells the story of a guy name Benjamin, which starts aging backward, and all the story around him from his birth until death. Although it's a quite long movie, but the story just flows through smoothly, and without realizing, it's already Brad Pitt without any make up. It's an interesting story to tell about people aging backward, but that's not the whole point of the movie. It's about his love story, just like normal people, how he fell in love with at least 2 women, found his true love, took some consequences and responsibility of his abnormal life, and how the true love found him back, and died.

This is one of the movie that I can feel very pleased to sit through almost entire 3 hours. One of the very nice last sentence by daisy at the end of the movie: "And in the spring, 2003, he looked at me. And I knew, that he knew, who I was. And then he closed his eyes, as if to go to sleep."

Last week was a totally hectic week for me, there are several proposal that have almost the same deadline. It costs my sleeping time for several night. So, after the bizarre week passed, I just want to enjoy my weekend with more catching-up sleep (needs more than 10 hours in 2 days to recover, haha) and cut down a bit accumulated weight in the gym. And, not as usual, I found a bit refreshing to go back to work this Monday. :)

2 comments:

[SK] said...

yeah, that was a nice movie and i didn't feel like having seated in the cinema for 3 hours.. good that you feel refreshed evern on a monday huh, hehe :p

Vincent said...

Hehe, thanks, SK. But the refresh feeling went away very fast, today feel sian already.. :)