Sunday, March 15, 2009

Super Hero Movie

There are suddenly several super-hero theme movies in the cinema now, judging from the trailer, I think Watchmen, Push and Dragon Ball will be a good entertaining super hero movie, but, all has failed me.

Being one of the best rated super hero movie so far, Watchmen has received a lot of good reviews. So with such a high expectation, unfortunately, I found this movie is such a long boring movie and totally lost in the conversation, although the art and comic-style is nicely done. I keep looking at the watch, how long more I need to stare at blue big penis. Haha, I can feel a lot of people laugh and smile when Dr Manhattan thing is shown. Push is another disappointing movie this year, the story is really slow and keep dragging. I found this movie is like a spin-off from TV series "Heroes".

Being a big fan reader of Dragon Ball, I am a bit disappointed that the character of goku and setting will be in western country. Overall story is still pretty the same with the original comics, however it's been summarized and packed into about 1.5 hours movie, which I think it's too short, and makes the story too shallow.

If you think that advertisement sometimes can be annoying, I found this advertisement in AsiaOne is totally disturbing and inappropriate. Once the page is loaded, there'll be flying ugly handphone or car or whatever thing, covering the whole main section. Once you want to click the news behind, it will popup the advertiser website. Sigh.. hope there'll better control to put such advertisement in local news.

2 comments:

[SK] said...

i didn't even want to consider watching them lor.. hehe :p

Vincent said...

If you need some light movie to watch and get entertained, they might be a good option to watch :).