Friday, August 8, 2008

I Am Rich

Apple iPhone offer its users to purchase applications through AppStore, which happens to be the only "official" way to add more application to iPhone. Developers can post the application to AppStore to sell with profit sharing 70-30 between Apple and the developers. I don't really agree with such arrangement that Apple has to earn everything from iTunes Songs to phone bills, and now with AppStore, however it's an interest business idea, and everyone seems so excited about it. So excited until one developer try to sell a literally featureless application that displays "I am Rich" text (is that considered one feature?) for an eye-popping $999.99, and the other surprise here that there're already 8 transactions to the application, before Apple decided to remove the application from offer. Well, there're many type of people in the world that so dying to be known as rich, and since iPhone is god's phone to them, why not ask the god to tell them that "I am Rich".

At the other side, I have been using Windows Mobile touch-screen phone for several months. Having been a loyal nokia user before, I have mix feeling with this phone. I am not sure if other "touch screen" phones have this problem. I almost always accidentally answer the phone while try to get the phone out of my pocket. My friends has told me several times, that their calls are answered but no sound, and it turns out that their phone calls have been accidentally picked up while it's still in my pocket. There's one time that I was in private conversation, and there's a phone call and suddenly the phone stopped ringing which I thought it's just a missed call, so I kept on talking while taking out the phone to see who had miscalled me, and to my horror, my boss was already on the line. I was not sure how much he had heard. I think I might skip this kind of touch screen phone in the future.

I have just watched Beijing olympics, and it's such a spectacular opening ceremony. Although I was just able to catch the second-half of the show, it's such a stunning display of China. As part of Asia, i am proud to watch the final torch-bearer fly to light the Olympic flame, followed by extravaganza fireworks all around the city. Well done, Beijing! Now, the game has begun..

(Well, if you think I have won Toto 8 mil and put "I am rich" in my blog title, you're wrong. I do not even hit 20$ to return my investment :p).

No comments: