Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NDP 08

I was lucky enough to get 1 ticket for NDP 08 preview at Aug 2 last week. This is my first time to watch NDP live and I was quite excited to be there, although I would be there alone.

I was rushed from Daniel class at Orchard. Being warned that it would be extremely crowded in Citilink, the traffic was actually quite smooth, somewhat better than the terrible jam during PC/IT Show. After checked for the ticket, my bag was screened and checked. The officer asks me to drink the water, and almost lost my sunblock and hair cream (for ones go to next NDP, try not to bring gel or cream). The funpack contains snack, much-needed water, cap, flag, hand-shaped ballon, stack of vouchers, etc (picture below). The sky was fully clear without even single cloud, so it's super super hot, luckily I already brought my sunblock with me. Overall, the show was great, I particularly like the flight show (with clear sky) and the extravaganza fireworks. The fireworks was shot much closer from the river, so you can feel that the whole sky was full with fire. After the show finished, I thought that there would be another massive jam, and it's actually quite smooth as well. Well done to all the officer there controlling the crowd. And, Happy Birthday, Singapore!

No comments: