Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Duffy vs Amy Winehouse

I almost hear these two songs played at any gym club: Rehab and Mercy. I thought both songs were sung by same singer, which is Amy Winehouse, because of the low, yet strong voice. Well, it turns out Mercy is sung by Duffy, which I even never heard the name before. Amy Winehouse is now so popular because of drug problem. But, after listening both songs at youtube, I realize their voices are quite different. Do I get confused because of "yeah yeah yeah" vs "no no no"?


After doing step for 1+ months, I grow to get addicted with the class. Everytime I go to gym, I will try to suit with the step schedule. Last night, I try to go to Daniel's class at Raffles although it's quite early, and I need to rush from office early, with the "you-are-not-busy" look from colleagues. There're a lot of regulars, that can modify the movement until unrecognizable movement. As beginner to level 2 class, I get a bit confused of this expert's variation and some memory issue, but I enjoy :).





2 comments:

sgboy said...

I call duffy the sober Amy. I like Duffy but I think Amy got a better voice and Rehab is a better song than mercy.

Another singer that sound a bit like Amy is Adele, You need to listen to Chasing Pavement http://youtube.com/watch?v=qz7vGW2_5c0 it is one of my favorite song this year....

wow you are doing Daniel's class? I did his Saturday class a few months ago and like Colin is not that easy to follow...you are getting better....

Vincent said...

Hi SgBoy,
Thank you for the link. It's a great song indeed, love it, but I guess not so popular, cos I never heard before :p, haha.

Ya, nowaday, get a bit better, although still bit problem with memorizing the next movement. I still found Collin's class is one of the most challenging so far in Cali, not really dare to join his class yet. Just now, I joined Harry's class in orchard (replace Mervyn), quite get used to his movement already. :)