Saturday, July 26, 2008

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

The X-Files has been one of my favorite TV Shows in the 199x. Back in my hometown, it was used to show almost in the midnight hour, and I try to stay late to watch the series, although most of the time I fell asleep in the middle :(. However, I don't really follow the series till the end, I found the story become kind of non-sense. I don't really remember the first movie of the X-Files, but I thought it's not bad.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe is the second big screen movie and the first one since the series ended in 2002. Although the overall performance of the main casts, Duchovny and Anderson, are still strong, the overall mystery sense of x-files is still there, but the plot is weak to X-Files standard. I think the movie is more to tell the story about Mulder and Scully, rather than the mystery itself. I actually kind of decided to watch this movie in DVD because X-Files usually involves some complicated mystery, controversy, and supernatural, but since the one, I go out with, mentions that X-Files is his favorite TV Series, so why not go to watch this movie together. Overall, I have a mix feeling walking out from the cinema. It's somewhat a good opening season in TV Series, but not too good as a one whole movie. And, David Duchovny is still as hot as he was, although his first appearance with the beard is a bit off, but don't worry, he'll shave :).

Without any attention to offend any people that works in the sales insurance sales people, but recently, I am kind of irritated by some of the insurance sales from big insurance company here in MRT station. Most of the times, I am usually approached politely to be involved in some "survey", and if the people is nice and I am not in hurry, I will answer them properly, and if the people is nice enough, I even give them one of my phone numbers (bad consequences though). But, recently, I have several incidents, when I was in hurry, and this sales lady just jumped in front of me (it's literally "jump"), and ask if I could answer some "survey", as I was already late to meet client, I answered politely that I am in hurry, but she keeps insisting that it's only several minutes, blabla, and left some remarks that if I don't do it, I am a bad person. And, when I try to go ahead, she jumps again, waaa.. start to get mad already. So, I strengthen my voice, and at last she "released" me. And, after that, I felt bad to behave like that. Well, I believe there are good sales insurance out there, but I believe some need to behave more professionally to offer people such a long term commitment, which in my opinion, place like MRT is not really a good place to start with.

1 comment:

sgboy said...

I can't stand them too especially when girls act "cute" to get your attention, I know they are doing their job but if I have my way I will slap them if they approach only the girls will leave the hot guys alone....haha