Thursday, June 5, 2008

Frank Miller: The Spirit


Be a huge fan of Frank Miller's movie since Sin City and 300, "The Spirit" is one of the movie that I am dying to watch (to be released December 25th). Although there's not much excitement from the first trailer, but I still hope this will be another kick-ass movie from Frank Miller. I still remember first time I watched Sin City, my eyes are just hooked up to the screen till the end, it's one of the best adaptation from comic book. The experience is like you read the comic page by page, with narrative from the actor like description in the top corner box in the real comic. Well, it's one of the movie that one can love it very much, and others just don't understand what the movie is all about.

Below is the story line I quoted from IMDB:
Down these mean streets a man must come. A hero born, murdered, and born again. When a Rookie cop named Denny Colt returns from the beyond as The Spirit, a hero whose mission is to fight against the bad forces from the shadows of Central City. The Octopus who kills anyone unfortunate enough to see his face who has other plans. He's going to wipe out the entire city. The Spirit tracks this cold hearted killer from the city's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or kill the masked crusader.

Well, another hugely anticipated movie this winter is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (HBP). Although I like the latest installment of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (HP OOTP), but it seems that a lot of people complain the movie is not as excited as the previous one and "too" slow. As a reader of Harry Potter book, I find HP OOTP is extremely fast. The book itself is the thickest among the rest, although I find this book is the most boring one, but it's necessary to show Harry Potter grow up from kid to teen. Well, I really put high expectation to HBP, and look forward to how this movie describe the younger age of Lord Voldemort. However, I am not sure why there's no teaser or even poster for HBP yet, rumour said that the teaser will be shown in Get Smart or Batman, well the other two movies that I will definitely watch this summer.

1 comment:

sgboy said...

I am not a fan of Frank Miller but I LOVE Sin City! I totally agree with you the movie just worked from the all star casts to all the DI images. Will be looking forward to this new release. Thanks for posting