Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Working in Big Organization

Recently, I just joined a so-called "MNC" company, which is much much bigger than my previous company. After working for almost 5-6 years in SME, I told myself that the next job will be bigger and more stable one, at least I can gain more experience, and perhaps better environment, work-life balance (a lot of people will giggle, i know), no pay delay, bigger team, no uncertainty due to lack of administrative procedure, etc. Well, here I am now. But, is it as good as what I have expected?

Well, there's always pro and cons of every situation. Well, of course, good things are better pay, no pay late, clearer procedure, etc. However, Office politics as I have expected is the worst to tackle, everyone try to protect themselves. Although it also happens in the small organization, the thing get more severe when there's a work that involves a lot of party. There are certain group of people that just try to do the best to finish the work together, but there are group of people that are all about themselves. And sadly, the earlier group of people are usually come from contract staff, they don't really care about protecting themselves etc, but they are usually the one to be blamed for, especially if their contract expires, etc. Although the bad thing, some of them tend to be ignorant, which cause another pain to the team. I am lucky enough that most people in my team are willing too work hard to finish together, although there's a thorn too. However, thinking positive that this is just a challenge to learn.

However, some incident happens in the office recently, that makes me lost my respect to someone and feel angry. But, thinking again, I might just overthink about it (as I always tend to, and feel guilty after that). A bit stress of problem here and there, I decide to go to gym to try step class, well only intermediate class is available, and I decide to try again, sadly, although I have joined number of basic class, I still lost in the class, and decide to give up in the middle of the class. How pathetic I am.

No comments: